Empower dissolution option

2»

Answers

• That is a rather elegant way to get your sums.... much more simplistic than what I implemented... I may have to change come code in my custom fields...
  • Hi What is your current labelling out of interest ?

I have not tried my current code for quantification yet does the dissolution option set up sample set with A and B baths per timepoint/transefer time or per baths

ie Bath A 1-6 then Bath B 1-6 - Timepoint say 10 minutes (group as 12 samples) then next tp

or Bath A 1-6 all timepoints AS sample group of 6 then bath B ?

Thanks

• Also how the CF for DeltaRT10A1 distinguish between Dissolved amount for Bath A and Bath B at each timepoint ?

ie

SAME.1..AVE(Dissolved Amount) =Averaged Dissolved

but DeltaRT10A1 = ABS("SAME".1..AVE(Dissolved Amount)-AveragedDissolved Amount)

or Label Bath A (Ref product) = AU0101 and Bath B = SAME

• I have custom fields setup for each pull point.

Basically the first pull is calculated by the amount field. Each subsequent pull is obtained by utilizing the amount field and correcting for vessel volume / sample pulls. My final field is below:

"Amount * ((CConst1 - 4*CConst2) / CConst1) + ((Disso 1 + Disso 2 + Disso 3 + Disso 4) * (CConst2 / CConst1))"

Cconst1= vessel volume

Cconst2 = pull volume

I've since scrapped the use of Cconst values from the initial proof of concept because I don't like shoving things that people always forget to update into Cconst values of a processing method. Anyway, the Cconst fields were updated to use Vessel_Volume and Sample_Aliquot custom fields I made available in sample set methods of dissolution projects.

The reason why I user this approach was because I was having problems getting Empower to distinguish vessels and pull points. The only way I was able to solve it was to hardcode the pull point calculations and arrange sample set by vessel (all samples from vessel A are tested, then B, etc. etc).

I have reason to believe that the dissolution option provided by Waters for Empower offloads much of the calculation work to a secondary program via the toolkit.

• Hi ,

Yes dissolution option carries out calculation work (volume correction and /or mass and volume and /or replenish) Although EmpAdm xls of CF show Dissolved amount below ,, agreed not sure how Empower distinguishes between baths in this case

SAME.1..AVE(Dissolved Amount) =Averaged Dissolved

but DeltaRT10A1 = ABS("SAME".1..AVE(Dissolved Amount)-AveragedDissolved Amount)

or Label Bath A (Ref product) = AU0101 and Bath B = SAME

The "SAME" has thrown me slightly if labelling AU0101-06 (Bath A) and BU0101-06 (Bath B) with timepoint changing AU0201-06 (Bath A) and BU0201-06 (Bath B)

• Hi ,

assuming I understand the above logic correctly, the above labelling does not work  

What do you label samples for bath A and Bath B at each timepoint to carry out comparison for f2 test ?