Empower dissolution option

Hi ,

I understand for dissolution option you need to set up sample set method and click dissolution (Bath A) (not ticking 2690D installed)

This then goes through bath A set up and input volumes , timepoints etc and then sample set has columns Bath , vessel and transfer time added along with function 'Compute Dissolution'

Can this dissolution option be used to calculate dissolution mass and volume correction ?

Volume correction (change dilution by amount removed) is simple enough but struggling to see how dissolution option works (is it only for reporting/ profiling dissolution Bath A  and F1 f2 similarity factors ? 

Thanks

Answers

• Hi Thought I had posted this previously, but Yes, the Dissolution option does calculate either taking into account volume removed or it can be assumed you replaced the removed media. It summarizes by vessel, draws plots of % Dissolved etc as well as Q Factor calculations
  • Thanks

Do how do I perform quantification of a dissolution using this option when formula :

Ri (%) = {Ci x (750 -((i -1)x 2))}+ Ệ(Sum of) {C_a.n)x2}}/LC

ie Bringing in concentration from previous timepoint

I have this working in excel for no correction , volume and mass and volume correction so assuming work required here on a custom field perhaps ?

• Compute dissolution algorithm - try entering that into Empower's help dialog to see how it's done (disso option not required).
  • Hi ,

I now have Empower calculating for Dissolution amount and dissolved % for mass and volume correction

I am assuming bath , vessel and transfer time are only for report and profiling?

• Hi ,

Does the Dissolution function /option require in house validation ?

Is it GAMP software or can you use it 'from the box as it were?