How to fix Instrument Server MFC Application Has Stopped Working?

Good morning everyone, I hope you are well!

I would like to know if anyone has had a problem with the Empower 3 losing communication. It was happening on equipment injecting Waters 2690 and today it happened on a Waters 2795. I could see that it probably has to do with my Windows system.

The error that appears to me is "Instrument Server MFC Application has stopped working"

This causes the equipment to lose communication and keeps my flow still high, my injection sequences appear on a Run Samples screen "connection to chromatography system lost".

Answers

• That's a bad message. Any buffered data will be sync'd after the Lace reboots and any pending injections will be lost. The message is a part of the Empower program crashing and gens the popup message.

Likely the only fix is to reboot. There are several services you can restart on the lace that sometimes avoid a reboot, just reboot. Empower 3 FR3 was bad for this.

It can be many odd causes but it matters what version of E3 you are on and how long it has been since the last reboot. Many faulting crashes can be avoided by regular reboots with a fresh OS start. How old are your instruments? They too can need a restart. If you search this "Waters PCS 55040 and CRI-432" several links have related fixes. We have had less issues with E3.7.0 and Oracle 19c on W10 machines. 

I wish that there would be fewer roadblocks to keeping the lab systems current with OS/Hardware and system software. They do really fix some bugs so updating is important. QA needs to get on board and stop validating by tons screenshots. IMHO. GAMP5.2 anyone?

John