Want to copy copy a Method to another project

Options
I know I can't copy Method to another project because there's a Method with the same name. I wonder if I could overwrite this Method.(There's no overwrite option, why?)

Comments

• MarcNoble
    Options
    Hi Maplell,

This article in the Water Knowledge Base may be helpful to you.

Good luck!
    Marc
  • MapleII
    Options
    Hi, MarcNoble!
    I have already read this article. Sadly, it's not helpful to me. My situation is that I have many projects in Empower and I am trying to change the Report Method for each project. The Report Methods have same name. Can I change one of them, copy it  and overwrite the others? Or I have to change them one by one?
  • Empower2019
    Options
    Save the report method with a silly name such as Report Method COPY or something like that. Then copy that method over to all the projects you require. Or delete them all except one. Change that last one and copy that back into the projects you need. 
  • MapleII
    Options
    OK, it will work! Thank you all for your help.
    And it would be great if Waters came up with a better solution to change methods easily.
  • Empower2019
    Options
    When a project has Full Audit Trail activated, then any record of a method- instrument, method set, processing method, report method etc will be retained in that project, even if you copy the same named method from another project. The only way around it is to rename the original method and then copy it as Empower wont recognise the name in the project with full audit trail.