Custom Field Reporting Criteria

Options
I have a simple custom field calculation for Related Substance.  Is it possible to setup a second custom field that evaluates the custom field and reports the result if:  %area of the peak is greater than or equal to 0.5% OR a specific component type? 

Answers

• Yes. Create a Peak, Bool type custom field and have the Use as set to Field. 
    Presuming your Related Substance CF is called Impurity_Calc, then the formula is:
    GT(Impurity_Calc,0.5)|EQ(Component Type,"Specified Impurity") then in the translation table for 0 put in something like "Below Threshold" or whatever is appropriate and for 1 put in Impurity_Calc (fc)
    This CF will evaluate the result of Impurity_Calc for each peak and for each value GT 0.5, or each peak with a Type of Specified Impurity, will return the value for Impurity_Calc and for each value less than 0.5 or a peak which isnt Specified Impurity, return the text you insert in 0 of translation table. 
    Its worth noting Empower doesnt "see" 0.49 as 0.5 so if decimal places are important, consider rounding the formula to 1 decimal place:
    GT(ROUND(Impurity_Calc,-1),0.5)|EQ(Component Type,"Specified Impurity") This will include any values 0.45 onwards. 
  • JSchwenz
    Options
    GT(Impurity_Calc,0.5)|EQ(Component Type,"Specified Impurity")

I will try this, but doesn't this evaluate the value if Impurity_Calc > 0.5%?  The % Area of the peak is what I need to evaluate whether the Impurity_Calc result is reportable.  

• My mistake- to include greater than or equal to values of 0.5, as your first post then change from GT to GTE in the formula and the formula to: GTE(%Area,0.5)|EQ(Component Type,"Specified Impurity")