Precision for 'Component/Value'

Options
Hi, 
Default precision for Component Value in Empower is set as '6'. I found note TN000516, where it is clearly described. In case if 6 digits after decimal point is insufficient for calculations, then I can increase number of displayed Data i.e. to 9 digits and Save Preferences. Proposed solution works OK, but only in case when data is entered manually, by user. 
My problem is related with cooperation with 3rd party software (LabWare LIMS). Values are transferred from LIMS and populated in Empower as Value in Component Editor. On that case transferred data are always rounded to 6 places after decimal point, regardless number of used preferences settings. For example: I set precision at 9 digits, save Preference in Empower, but transferred values are still rounded to 6th place (like 0.001545685 in LIMS stay 0.001546 in Empower). 
Is there any solution for change default precision in Empower (as option available for admin role or something different)?
Any solution / comment will be very appreciate. 
Pawel 

Answers

• Jovvor
    Options
    hey Pawel,

Try and adjust the custom fields precision instead of the preferences to 9 digits.
    If it are the default fields of the component editor, i don't think it is possible to adjust them. (like the Amount and or Control Value)

But if it are custom made fields you can adjust those to the precision you like.
    I pressume Empower looks at the Precision defined for that custom field.

The preference tab is just for your own likings and has nothing to do with rounding numbers to calculate with.

Let me know if that worked so I know for the future if we ever go that way :smile:

Kind regards