Is there any way to see the result of an intersample custom field without processing sample set?

Options
I created a custom field which calculates signal to noise for samples based on a blank injection labelled BLK which is the first injection. It uses Peak to Peak Noise in the formula, so that if the baseline is noisy at the retention time of the active, I can change the region in the blank injection where the noise is calculated from. The problem with this is I cant immediately see the result of changing portions on my samples. When I integrate/calibrate my blank injection with the new noise region and then look at samples, the value doesnt change. Only when I process a sample set does the result kick in for the result/result set and this is the same despite the different search orders I tried in the formula. 
The purpose of the CF is to see there and then the effect of changing the noise and drift on blank injection to the subsequent sample injections, does anyone know a way around this? Thanks. 

Comments

• Jovvor
    Options
    Hey Empower2019,

i don't think there is a way, i have asked this question some time ago at the "customersuccess team" of Waters but they also stated what you said.
    It will change for the injection itself but it will not take that number in other injections with it.

Processing sample sets is the only way to do it.
  • Yeah I figured as such. I know if it were just a single calculation in a CF applied to one injection then any changes I made to integration would be visible right away but if Im asking Empower to show me the result in one injection based on the change in another injection, it wont be visible until either the result or result set is saved. Even changing the search order in CF formula doesnt change this...shame. Thanks for the reply. 
  • Jovvor
    edited March 1
    Options
    it would be a nice addition to the software but i think it is to complicated to make it work.
    The review of injections would get superslow cuss it always has to recalculate all injections to search for intersample calculations when you click on a different one.