How can I create a boolean custom field which only applies certain samples?

Options
In the same sequence I analyze two types of samples with different acceptance criteria (the rest of the calculations are the same). I want to create a custom field for each spec, and include a filter so that it only returns value when applies. That is, for samples labeled "X", specification 1, and for samples labeled "Y", specification 2. Is this possible? How?

Answers

• Are the sample labels of X and Y sample types? For example, is label X an Unknown and label Y a Control? Or are X and Y actual labels on the sample set?
  • Both samples are Unknown type, there are different conditions, so the only difference is the label (one with X and the other with Y) and SampleName: in both samples I put the batch followed by the condition (X or Y, as appropriate)
  • You could create a Component type CF and put your criteria figure in there, and this can be different for each peak/sample. For example, if you create a Component CF called Criteria or something similar. You have 2 samples X and Y, for X your criteria is GTE(Area,1000) and Y is GTE(Area,100). Just make a second Peak, Bool CF with a formula of GTE(Area,Criteria) and put 1000 and 100 against the relevant samples. I hope this helps.
  • Thanks a lot! It was just what I wanted.