Custom field for library matching

Options
Dear Users,

I have a custom field question. I identify the peaks of a six component sample with library matching. The component tab in my processing method is empty.
The identification of peaks work fine and now I need to get the %RSD of the retention time. I created a custom field to get the RT in seconds and it's OK too.
But the custom field of %RSD doesn't works. Please check the atteched file for more details and please give me some observation, how to get it work? 

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Empower2019
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Check the label in the formula is it definitely a zero 0 instead of an O, as in letter? If that doesnt work, there could be a mismatch between the calculation of RT in seconds in that it didnt calculate all the values before Empower is looking for the %RSD. Sometimes you need to name in alphabetical order, so for the %RSD, untick the All or Nothing and rename the CF as Z_SQT_080_ProbaRSD. The Z will ensure that only when all the RT values have been calculated, will Empower move on to the RSD calculation. It happens sometimes when 2 intersample summary CFs which depend on each other will screw up or run funny. 
    If you cant get it to work, a column in a report method with the %RSD added to the end will achieve the same thing. 
  • I'm a little bit disappointed because i can't get it to work with cf. I am able to calculate each peak retention time with cf1: NEQ([PDA Match1 Spect. Name],"MyLibrary")*-60004+EQ([PDA Match1 Spect. Name],"MyLibrary")*Retention Time, but cf2: S08%.%..%RSD(cf1) doesn't work. If I have no results, I can't add a boolean (pass/fail) cf to my report. I have no idea what goes wrong. Thank you for all of your help.

Maybe I should stay by the classic, old school method that you have suggested at the end of the previous discussion...
  • ...previous comment...