Library match, but Unknown peak type

Options
Hi, 

just a short question. I added a spectra to my library, but when I process my peak, the peak type remains "Unkown', however a matching found in the library.
How can I change it to 'Found' peak type when a library match is present?

Thank you so much for your kind answer...

Answers

• Hi Balu1978,

There is not a lot of detail in your message so to get a bit closer to a solution for you, can you verify that you have followed the instructions in this knowledge base article?

Thanks!

Marc
  • Hi,

sorry for the late answer, that's what I thought, when I wrote my question. There is a library matching, but peak type remains 'Unknown'. Is it normal or do I something wrong in Processing method?

Thanks...

• The peak would have to be named in the processing method in order for Empower to recognize it as a library match. As its not named, its automatically designated as an Unknown peak. If this unknown peak is a very reproducible peak in terms of retention time and area etc you could name it in the Component tab of the processing method, something like Unknown 2 or similar. 
  • MarcNoble
    edited October 2023
    Options
    In your processing method, do you expect 2-acetylfuran to elute at that retention time and is it in the components table of your processing method?  Spectrum matching (obviously based on the spectrum) and peak identification (based on the chromatographic retention time) are independent of each other.

So, it looks to me like the peak at 0.745 min has a spectral match for 2-acetyl furan but there is no component named the same in the components table of the processing method at that retention time.