Problem with intersample custom field

Options
I have the following custom field: ((VCA_SB)*100)/(R01.1.(AreaAAV))
Field Type-Peak,  Data Type-Real,  Data Source-Calculated,  Calc. Criteria Search Order-Result Set First,  All or Nothing-not checked,  Sample Type-All,   Peak Type-All. The custom field only calculates a result for the sample labeled R01. For other samples labeled "U" no result is given even though a result for VCA_SB and AreaAAV is calculated. Why am I not getting a result for my custom field?

Answers

• I was thinking the problem has to do with the custom field VCA_SB. VCA_SB is a peak custom field that multiplies the Time Corr Area of the peak by a factor. If I remove VCA_SB from the above mentioned custom field, then Empower calculates the result for the same 2 out of 7 found peaks in my samples. I guess that's progress?
  • What does the AreaAAV calculate and whats the formula and search order? If thats a CF using the AVE function it could be affecting other CFs which depend on it. 
  • AreaAAV =Peak1(VCA)+Peak2(VCA)+Peak3(VCA) and the search order is Result Set Only. VCA is the area of the peak multiplied by a constant with a search order of Result Set Only. Honestly, I don't understand what Calc. Criteria Search Order does. 
  • Because the original CF makes no mention of U samples, its only going to return a value for the R01 sample. If you are looking for, and I think you are based on the formula, a value for each sample ((VCA_SB)*100) divided by the AreaAAV sample in R01, then you may need to change the syntax to (U%.%.(VCA_SB)*100)/R01.1.(AreaAAV), and as well change the search order of this CF to result set only. Result Set first and Outside first really only suit single injection formulas, but because you are asking Empower to consider U samples plus running back to R01, changing all the CFs involved to Result Set Only may help with this. Dont forget too to have all your U samples AFTER the R01 sample since that has to be calculated first in order to have a value for subsequent samples. 
  • Thanks, but unfortunately this did not completely resolve the problem. You are correct about what I want to do ie  for each sample ((VCA_SB)*100) divided by the AreaAAV sample in R01. The CF is working for all Peak Types except Unknowns. I'm not sure why since I have All Peak Types selected in the CF and I see results for VCA_SB for the Unknown peaks.
  • I searched the Forum and found a similar thread, "Custom field wont work on unknown peaks when named by RRT." I am naming my unknown peaks by RRT. When I name the Unknowns in the Component table, then the CF works. 

• Glad to see its resolved for you. Yes sometimes you can get an issue with the unknown peaks when they are not named so the RRT option is much better as that way Empower "sees" the peak and therefore can assign a value for the CF.