Font In Empower Report Changed To Wingdings

Options
I have a report where one of my columns in the image below changes to this odd font that kind of resembles wingdings. Does anyone know of a way to fix this? Sometimes removing the column and adding it back changes it temporarily but that doesn't seem to be working anymore.

Comments

• Was there any change made to the "Level" custom field in the project such as increasing its width or copying an increased with Level from another project to the current one? Sometimes any changes to the default CFs of a project can cause data to look corrupted when reporting. Check the type of data used for Level in the data you are reporting- is it numbers only or a mix of numbers and text?

Sometimes too a report method can become corrupt- try a new report method with a peaks table and see does the Level data still look silly. If the report method of a different project doesnt have this issue then it seems something in either your user properties or the project properties has become corrupt- get a second user to create a new report method in that project and see if they are getting the same font. If they are, the issue is the project. If not, the issue is your user properties, in which case you can Copy Preferences from another user/project to all of your projects and that normally fixes it. 
  • @Empower2019 thanks for your reply. We've tried making a report method from scratch and have still had this issue in multiple projects. I've had several other users also have this problem. Nobody has changed the CF default settings. The type of data we're using is a mix of numbers and text (ex. "Level 1", "Level 2", etc.), but we have some custom fields that call these out specifically so I don't think we could change them without also changing those
  • Thats strange. It sounds like a bug or defect in that version of the software. What you could do is, presuming the software is still recognizing and calibrating samples correctly based on the entries in "Level", create another Sample, Text CF and call it something like Level_Reference and add your levels there in the sample set such as Level 1, Level 2 etc. and then display this in the report method, renaming the field in the report as "Level". I would also log a ticket with Waters to investigate if this issue is a known defect.