Custom Fields for individual peaks

Options
Is it possible to specify a particular peak in a custom field? We are looking to do drug/antibody ratio (DAR) calculations and each peak has to have it's area corrected by a different value depending on the drug linker present.

Thanks

Answers

• shaunwat
    Options
    Yes, you can setup something like what is below.

EQ(Name,"PeakName1")*Value1 + EQ(Name,"PeakName2)*Value2 ...
  • Is the drug linker peak the variable? You could set the variable peak as CCalRef1 in the processing method. For example, if your peaks need to be divided by the drug linker peak, then a formula such as Area/CCalRef1[Area] will achieve this. I would pick CCalRef1 over CCompRef1-3 in this case as the CCalRef1 will apply to both known and unknown peaks whereas CCompRef1-3 will only work with known peaks. 
    You can absolutely name peaks in formulas yes. If your peak name is Aspirin you add square brackets around the field which you associate with that peak, for example Aspirin[Retention Time] or in a Result Type custom field you can sum named peaks like Aspirin[Area]+Soft Drink Active[Area]. 
    As shaunwat says above, you can name peaks by putting "" around the names too for example EQ(Name"Aspirin")*Average_Amount or EQ(Name,"Soft Drink Active")*Adjusted_Area etc.
    Using Peak Label in your processing method may be another option for more flexibility, so if you had 5 peaks and you label them 1-5 in the Peak label column then your formula can become EQ(Peak Label,"1")*...etc. 

• Thank you both for your comments. I will try both your recommendations and see if I can get the calculation to work properly.