Calibrant/Standard not 100%

Options
MFrisch
edited May 2023 in Software Products
I am working on a Quantitation method and I cannot get my Standard to process equaling 100%.  I have played around with the Sample Set, Component Editor, and Processing Method (Component and Default Amounts/Purity tabs) to no avail.  The Purity % on the report typically computes the Standard (mg/ml from Sample Set) * 100 - from the attachments it would be 31.17%.  Any suggestions on what I need to change/edit would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks! 

Answers

• Neil
    Options
    Hello - I am not quite sure I understand what you are trying to do.  You have the concentration of the compound and units entered into the Component Editor.  (I see you entered the sample weight for the standard as the same value - was that intentional?  That will result in Empower multiplying the concentration by the sample weight and that will be the value for the x axis of the calibration curve.)  When you run the standard a response factor and calibration curve will be established for the compound.  When you run the samples, Empower will calculate the concentration of the compound in the samples based on the calibration curve.  It will determine an initial concentration from the calibration curve and then divide by the sample weight and multiply by the dilution to calculate the final (reported) concentration.  There is a field in the Sample Set Method called Level.  You can select 100% from the drop down list.  Is that what you are after?  Perhaps you could provide a bit more detail.