Move all MRM retention windows?

Hello,
I am running a HILIC lipid method with a large number of MRM and need maximum sensitivity. I use quite narrow retention windows to allow longer dwell times, which work great as the I-Class LC give very repeatable RTs once it is stable. The problem is that for each new batch of solvents my RT will change ever so slightly, give or take 6s. It is quite a lot of effort to then change all 200 MRMs in the experiment one by one. What I would like is a function to shift all MRMs in the same way as they usually change in the same direction by approximately the same amount. A function that shift the entire MRM table in one setting. Is this possible and if not is there any chance to make this functionality in future release?

Per

Best Answers

• Diana__
    Answer ✓
    Hi, I don't know if I have understood correctly but you could select in the process method in the components tab the reference RT fixed to a single component, so when you move this one the rest will move.
    I hope this is helpful.

• per_oxid
    Answer ✓
    Thanks this might work, I will try it out.

Answers

• per_oxid
    edited September 2022
    Diana__ said:
    Hi, I don't know if I have understood correctly but you could select in the process method in the components tab the reference RT fixed to a single component, so when you move this one the rest will move.
    I hope this is helpful.

I meant that I wish to move the mrms in the experiment file, not processing file. For example with new mobile phase i might see shift of +0.03 mins and adjust all 100mrms +0.03. Now I do it one by one. Did not find this option in ms experiment window. I use very tight aquisition windows to avoid polarity switching and low dwell times 
  • A clever solution would be to make masslynx scan for first eluting compound in a block of mrms. The scout triggers a block of assosciated mrms that follows. After completion of first mrm block second scouting mrm is scanning and when found over a threashold this triggers the second block of mrms. 
    Currently i have to run a test sample and adjust mrm times to new retention times. By using first compound in block of mrms as a trigger this would make things easier. I think sciex scouting  mrm function works along this principle. Would be a nice feature for masslynx. My solution is to save the mrm method in several versions with different offsets depending on mobilephase rt for current prep.