Is it possible to group all peaks within a specified RRT time window in Empower 3?

Options
Hello!

I have a method that digests all of an oligo outside of a capsid while preserving the oligo inside the capsid. I have four time frames of interest and would like to group all peaks within those separate time frames together. I know that this can be done with timed groups, but I would like to be able group these peaks based off of their RRT instead.

Is this something that is possible?

Apologies in advance if my question is poorly worded or unclear. I'm relatively new to HPLC techniques and unsure of some of the terminology.

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• shaunwat
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It is not possible to accomplish what you want without significant use of custom fields as far as I know. Though this is possible, I would not recommend it.

I believe you would be better off using a named group here.

Answers

• rives
    Options
    shaunwat said:
    It is not possible to accomplish what you want without significant use of custom fields as far as I know. Though this is possible, I would not recommend it.

I believe you would be better off using a named group here.
    Okay thank you! I've been using timed groups and converting the RRT to the times dependent on the main peak. It definitely works, but I was curious if there was a way to automate that somewhat. That and wanting to learn about the software more. Thanks for the answer!