How do I order Sign Off IDs in a Report Method?

Options

We use custom report methods and require (at least) three different levels of Sign Off IDs for each Result Set that we generate.  To display the Sign Off IDs on the report we use the field "Sign Off ID" and it pulls all associated IDs into the field...but they are not in sequential order.  I can not find a suitable ordering condition that would simply do that for me.

For instance, we have one that was signed off as submit, altered and singed off again by the same user, signed off as reviewed by a different user prematurely, altered and signed of by the original user as submit, and signed off again by review.  The order displayed in the "Sign Off Id" field is, 1661, 1647, 1664, 1649, 1663.  It is not in sequential/chronological order.  How can I fix that?

Answers

• Change the Order By list to result id, ascending and you should get what you are after. 
  • jkurp
    Options
    Adding a "Order By" Result ID makes all of the Sign Off IDs (that were there and correct, but not in order) disappear.
  • hmmmmm.... that is a little strange. Did you use the order by from the result tree? Did you preview the report to make sure the table didn't just go blank on you in the report publisher?
  • jkurp
    Options

I am not having an issue with the Result Sign Off Table.  The issue is with the Fields ->Result Sign Off-> Sign Off ID

• I don't know of a way to order that field sequentially as you want, only to display the Min or Ave number from the list. I tried grouping it with a rectangle, another Sign Off field etc but there was no option to order by Sign Off ID..

However, if you edit a Result Sign Off Table to only have the Sign Off ID field in it and keep the in-built ordering of Result ID ascending it will display correctly. You can then insert this into your report method footer or header as you included. It will increase the spacing since the values are shown vertically not horizontally but if you reduce the font a bit and bring the outlines of the table to the bare minimum, it will work. You can even make a composite of all the values like Page Number etc and Save it to the Project under whatever name you like.