Problems with an ENUM CF

Options

Dear all,

My sequence contains 3 injections of the sample solution (label T0101) and 3 injections of a spiked sample solution (label T0201). For test compliance, the mean area in the sample solution must be LTE the mean area in the spiked sample solution.

I created two CF that calculate for each 3 injections the mean peak area:

1)      Mean_sample: Peak, Real --> T01%.%..AVE(Area)

2)      Mean_spiked: Peak, Real --> T02%.%..AVE(Area)

For the assessment of compliance, I tried to create a third CF:

3)      Test: Peak, Enum --> ENUM(GT(Mean_sample,T02%.%.(Mean_spiked)),LTE(T01%.%.(Mean_sample),T02%.%.(Mean_spiked)),EQ(Peak Type,"Missing"))

Translation

0     does not comply

1     complies

2     complies

Unfortunately the third CF didn`t work. Is there any mistake in my CF?

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• Juwe
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you very much!
     Now it works :)!

Answers

• Your 3rd CF wont work because your first argument in the formula  is asking Empower to evaluate Mean_Sample against the Mean_Spiked value for T02% samples, so at T01..samples, T02 hasn't been calculated yet since summary CFs are calculated after non-summary ones and in alphabetical order too so the CF crashes on the first argument. You don't need to put the label in the formula since there will only be one result for Mean_Sample and one result for Mean_Spiked. Your CFs are correctly named alphabetically but you need to alter the formula to get back what you need. The below worked perfect for me in a test project.

I have had problems including the EQ(Peak Type,"Missing") arguments in many Enum CFs before, not sure why Empower doesn't treat it as a single argument but it always seems to not work when its mixed with other CF arguments as in your case. Interestingly, it works fine in the type of ENUM(EQ(Peak Type,"Found"),EQ(Peak Type,"Missing")).

Change your first 2 CFs formula and make sure Missing Peak is ticked in both cases

(T01%.%..AVE(Area))+0

(T02%.%..AVE(Area))+0

3rd CF Test_Enum:

ENUM(EQ(Mean_Sample,0)|EQ(Mean_Spiked,0),GT(Mean_Sample,Mean_Spiked),LTE(Mean_Sample,Mean_Spiked))

0 - Peak Missing (or Complies as your post)

1-  Does not Comply

2- Complies

Process again and it should work:

1st Argument- if any of the results for Mean Sample or Mean Spiked return 0, it means there was no peaks available or something faulted in the CF formula, example wrong label, no summarize custom fields etc and 0 was the returned value. This will equate to your 1st translation. If neither returned 0 it moves on to the 2nd argument.

2nd Argument- if your result for Mean_Sample is greater than that for Mean_Spiked, the translation returns Does Not Comply.

3rd Argument- if your result for Mean_Sample is less than that for Mean_Spiked, the translation returns Complies

Hope that helps.