Labels for unknowns in Empower 3 can you use the same one for multiple samples?

Options
Do you need to use the suggested labelling layout in Empower 3 for calibrating and quantitating standards/samples? If I ran 10 samples bracketed by 2 standards can I call the two standards just S and the 10 unknowns U and for Calibrate call the Label Reference S and Quantitate call the Label Reference U, and Empower will still calibrate BOTH standards labelled as S and then use this curve to quantify ALL samples labelled as U? I know the suggested layout of S0101 etc is useful but I just want to know will Empower still include standards/samples which have the same label or will it only include the first one?

Best Answer

• shaunwat
    edited May 2019 Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, you can use the same label and it will work as you intend. Empower is otherwise "dumb" until you give it things to "make it smart".

For reporting, trashing a unique label will remove your ability to filter samples or injections in any manner.

Answers

• Thanks shaunwat, I hear what you are saying about filtering. I knew I read somewhere that Empower treats all labels for standards and all labels for unknowns as the same.