Duplicate results and number of results stored

Options
The option to Include Duplicate Results on a report method peak table, what does it mean and is there a practical example?. Would I be right in saying that if you ran 5 standards but used 3 of those standards twice as per sample set bracket set-up (i.e. used standard S02, S03 and S04 twice in a sliding with overlap layout) then the areas of S02,S03 and S04 would be displayed TWICE if this option were selected, so you could get areas of 12000, 12000, 11000, 11000, 11050, 11050 instead of just 12000,11000 and 11050, presuming standards injected once only?

Also, when you copy sample sets from one project to another does the "# of results stored" option reset to zero as its a new project? Both of my projects were full audit trail enabled and when I copied one sample set to another then processed this run in the new project I noticed the first result set had the number of results set to 2 for each standard and sample despite being only 1 injection and it being the 1st result set. Does copied data automatically get assigned a 1 for # of results? Thanks. 

Best Answer

• almab
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You are correct on the "include duplicate results" question - the only application I've seen for it is the example you have described: standards used in multiple brackets.

I have seen the same happen with copying processed data. For example I copied a result set from project A to project B; it had been processed twice in project A, so had results 1 and 2 of 2; then when I copied it to project B it created result 3 of 3. You can track backwards from project B to project A via the audit trail to see where results 1 and 2 are stored; but from project A there's nothing to indicate that it's been copied out to another project and more results exist.

Answers

• Thanks for clarifying almab. I think there isn't a record of it when copied over because audit trail activity only occurs within the project so anything that happens within the one project is captured but once data is copied, it resets the clock as such, similar to creating a processonly set, where audit trails only start from the beginning of the creation of the process only sample set and all other records reside with the native sample set.