Signol Noise ratio In empower

<p>Hi friends,</p><p></p><p>Can any body share the information on getting signol noise ration in empower.......</p><p></p><p>If i use Peak to peak noise i am getting one value ( More when compare with Base line noise).</p><p></p><p>If i use Base line noisengeting one value...</p><p></p><p></p><p>Which one is preferable.?  Why?</p><p></p><p>In general which one is using  by all empower users...</p><p></p><p></p><p>Your prompt response is highly thank ful...</p><p></p><p></p><p>Regards</p>

Answers

• Hi Satya

Empower has 5 different ways to calculate noise, and therefore also 5 different results for the s/n calculation. I have attached 2 pdf´s that explains the different calculations. Since I don't know what version of Empower you are on I have attached a small presentation on what is new in Empower3 with respect to signal/noise calculations.

The most common noise value to use is the peak to peak noise which is in accordance with ASTM short time noise. This is also the noise value that the USP, EP and JP state you should use as the noise when you calculate s/n.

I hope this helps.

best regards

Rune