Timed gain settings on FLR detector gives off scale readings when maintaining baseline

Options
<p> Hi all,</p><p></p><p>I have been working on optimizing gain settings on our FLR detector. There was another very helpfull thread in here that anwered my main question (ie to use Energy instead of Emmission as output), but I am left with one issue:</p><p></p><p>When I change my gain setting as a timed event, ie from 1 to 20 after 0.6 min, the reading goes waaay up (1E35!!!) at exactly 0.6 min, and then goes back down. However I cannot see any peaks at all after 0.6 min. I have found that this only happens when the "maintain baseline" setting is used, while either disabling this setting or use "autozero" works (albeit with a slightly different baseline). My question is why this is? It occurs no matter how small a gain increase I use, such as from 1 to 2.</p><p></p><p>In addition, I just wanted to note that opossed to the other thread discussing the FLR detector gain function, I see a big improvement in the signal to noise ratio when using a gain setting of 25 instead of 1. It seems that this cannot be achieved when using Emmission as output unit.</p><p></p><p>Thanks</p><p></p><p>Nikolaj</p>