Head space conditions in GC HSS

<p>Hi all,</p><p></p><p>I am giving head space conditions manually where Empower2 FR-5 has no controls to put those conditions in instruement method editor.</p><p></p><p>How you people are handling  things in case of OOS and OOT investigations.</p><p></p><p>How an we face regulatory audits in this case?</p><p></p><p>Con't we come out from this draw back?</p><p></p><p>Waters: do we have any updations with respect Headspace controls (7890 and 6890 with g1888).</p><p></p><p>We may forget to ask local waters representative for updates may be due to load of work.</p><p></p><p>""""""""Üptodate'"""""""""""""""""""""</p><p></p><p></p><p>Regards</p><p></p><p>SATYA</p>

Comments

• Hello Satya,

Before responding to your questions we need more information about the installation and what you are doing:

- Why do you think that the headspace parameters have to be entered manually (into the instrument)?

- Are you aware the Headspace Control Option (HCO) v2.0 controls the G1888? Is HCO 2.0 not installed?

- Are there parameters that you need to enter that can't be entered with HCO 2.0?  If so, what are the parameters?

- Lastly, is it possible that you are attempting to change the Instrument Method when using HCO 2.0?

Regards

Dot

• Hi Dot,

All head space parameters we are giving manually only(Like Vial equilibration,Loop fill time etc....). where we don't have HCO v2.0.

We have not installed HCO.

After i saw your reply i had  talk with  local Waters representative.We need write a mail to them .

Because of weekend we are on hold .

And one more thing what about Linear velocity option in GC instrument method editor.

Any updates regarding.

Please can you share the exel if avalable other the agilent flow calculator link wht tyou have send previously.

Regards

SATYA

• Hello Satya,

You can locate the previous discussion on Linear Velocity and the excel calculation by searching the word calculator.

The discussion topic was "Re: There is no option to give Carrier gas interms of lenear velocity in all my Agilent GC instruments."

If you cannot locate it let me know.

Regards

Dot

• Hi Dot thank you.

I tried to down load it, but i could'nt....

And the excel is complex as you said in that post

Please share other than the links from Agilent if any.

Regards

Satya