Results created but with no peak fields stored

<p> I was wondering if anyone has observed this issue when processing data.  I am running Empower 2 FR4.  It seems that random channels get processed and a result is stored in the database with a result ID, however if you review that result, the chromatogram looks like a raw data channel, no baseline and no peak information is stored in the database.  This just occurs on a random channel in a sample set when you process a sample set so same processing method used on all channels. </p><p>SRui</p>

Answers

• Hi Todd

Are you processing a complete sample set ? If so have you checked that you have not selected "no processing or reporting" for the channels that do not get processed, maybe by mistake in the sample set ?  Do you get any peak codes for the unprocessed channels ?

best regards

Rune

• Hi Rune,

Thanks for the response.  A result is actually created because it has a result ID.  The result code for the bad one is I01 which is   "Problem reading chromatogram, cannot detect peaks".  Then when you re-process it with same proc method, no changes to proc method, the new result is fine.  Wondering if this may be a buffering issue in that when the first processing occurs on the client workstation, it needs to read the raw data file from the server, but the complete raw file is not on the server yet.

• I meant to attach a screen shot of a result, So it is attached on the reply.

• Hi Todd

Ok then it sounds strange and I cannot give a good explanation, maybe someone else can ?

best regards

Rune

• Hello

Can you tell whether you are working on Enterprise version or workstation version?

• It is the enterprise version and I am not totally convinced that it is not a data buffering issue such that when the processor tries to fetch the raw data file from the server, it can't get it at that moment.  When I discussed this with Waters, they tried to recreate a similar situation but if I remember right, in their system, a resutl ID was never created.

Thinking that something may be currupted in the project, the latest suggestion I received from Waters tech support is to create a new project and do not copy anything from the previous project where this occurs.  I haven't had time to do that yet because I will have to recreate all methods, reports, etc.

• Hello

Whether you are facing issue,when you do batch processing?

If you process any data from this client you are facing this problem or only this project?

If you select channel,right click review and then open processing method,integrate and quantitate,then save result.See whether the result is saving.

Regards

Lakshmi Rathan