Project locking issues

Options
<p>We have had several issues lately where Empower will not allow us to lock projects (Read Only, Process Only, etc.).  Empower won't lock the project</p><p>because it thinks a user still has the project open.  When I look at the System Monitor I see the username of the person associated with the project along</p><p>with the system they are supposedly logged on to.  I have personally watched this person log off and reboot their computer as well as just turn off their</p><p>computer all together.  I have also had our Citrix admin clear his sessions on Citrix but Empower is still showing the user as being in the project.   They don't have</p><p>anything running in that project and they aren't logged in.  We have also tried just waiting for a few days to see if it cleared up on its own but it hasn't.  Has anyone seen anything similar to this and if so have you found a way to fix it? There must be a way <span style="font-size: 10pt;">to force the user out of the project through some type of backdoor or possibly by going through the database?</span></p><p></p><p>Thanks,</p><p>Chris</p><p></p><p></p><p>This is Empower 2 FR5 Build 2154.</p>

Answers

• Dot
    Options

Hello Chris,

It is possible there are channels within the project(s) that are locked.  I suggest checking to see if this might be the problem. You will need to open the project the go to the Channels tab to view whether the lock is enabled.

I hope this is helpful.

Dot

• Chris - thanks for posing this question as we've seen it many times. I just hadn't gotten around to asking about it b/c it wasn't high on the list of priorities.

Dot - thank you for your response. I will be sure to check that out next time I see this. Plan to work on some archiving tomorrow so the timing is perfect. :-)