Project locking issues

We have had several issues lately where Empower will not allow us to lock projects (Read Only, Process Only, etc.).  Empower won't lock the projectbecause it thinks a user still has the project open.  When I look at the System Monitor I see the username of the person associated with the project alongwith the system they are supposedly logged on to.  I have personally watched this person log off and reboot their computer as well as just turn off theircomputer all together.  I have also had our Citrix admin clear his sessions on Citrix but Empower is still showing the user as being in the project.   They don't haveanything running in that project and they aren't logged in.  We have also tried just waiting for a few days to see if it cleared up on its own but it hasn't.  Has anyone seen anything similar to this and if so have you found a way to fix it? There must be a way to force the user out of the project through some type of backdoor or possibly by going through the database?Thanks,ChrisThis is Empower 2 FR5 Build 2154.

Answers

• Hello Chris,

It is possible there are channels within the project(s) that are locked.  I suggest checking to see if this might be the problem. You will need to open the project the go to the Channels tab to view whether the lock is enabled.

I hope this is helpful.

Dot

• Chris - thanks for posing this question as we've seen it many times. I just hadn't gotten around to asking about it b/c it wasn't high on the list of priorities.

Dot - thank you for your response. I will be sure to check that out next time I see this. Plan to work on some archiving tomorrow so the timing is perfect. :-)