GC6890

<p>Hi,</p><p></p><p></p><p>Help needed,</p><p></p><p>I am in Empower 2 FR5,</p><p></p><p>I have a GC6890 system. How can I increase the signal to obtain higher areas.</p><p></p><p>Thanks,</p><p>Medina</p><div> </div><p></p><div> </div><p></p><p></p><p></p><div> </div><p></p><div> </div><p></p><p></p><p><a name="comments"></a></p><div> </div><div id="jive-content-post"> </div><div> </div><div id="wysiwygtext_html_link" style="DISPLAY: block"><a href="" id="wysiwygtext_toggle_html" style="DISPLAY: none">Show Full Editor</a> <a href="" id="jivePreferredEditorModeLinkHREF-description" onmousedown="" style="DISPLAY: none">Always use this editor</a></div><div id="jive-comment-post-block" style="DISPLAY: none"><form enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded" name="jive-comment-post-form" onsubmit=""><input name="blogPost" type="hidden"/> <input name="parentCommentID" type="hidden"/> <input name="jive.token.name" type="hidden" value=""/> <input name="document.comment.1371" type="hidden" value=""/><h2>Post a comment</h2><div><textarea cols="20" name="commentBody" rows="10" style="DISPLAY: none"></textarea></div><div id="jive-blog-comment-preview-blog-comment-preview" style="DISPLAY: none"> </div><div><input name="post" type="submit" value=""/> <input id="comment-preview-button" name="preview" onclick="" type="button" value=""/>      <input name="cancel" onclick="" type="button" value=""/></div></form></div><p></p><form enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded" id="blogPostDelete"><input name="blogPost" type="hidden" value=""/> <input name="blog" type="hidden" value=""/> <input name="jive.token.name" type="hidden" value=""/> <input name="blogpost.delete.1371" type="hidden" value=""/> </form><p></p>

Comments

• Hi, The GC6890 send a pico-Amp signal, so it appears very tiny.

Two ways

1) Extend the precision (decimal points). This may be done by each individual (edit column properties) or set a default in the Project Properties. On the last tab of the Project Properties, you (or the Admin) may extend the "Precision" that is displayed for Area and Height. This can go several places past the decimal.

2) Utilized 'Derived Channel' in your Method Set. Click F1 when you are on that screen and the help menu can lead you thru how to do that. Sorry - I haven't used that much to put detailed directions.

If you are wanting to increase the area to utilize an area reject of something less than 1, you might consider using the Peak Width and Threshold settings to optimize integration rather than an area reject. If you go thru the Processing Method Wizard to create your processing method, ensure a chromatogram typical of all chromatograms you'll process is displayed in the Main Review Window. Example - if you are integrating small peaks, make sure the chrom has small peaks. (i.e. Don't use a blank injection).  Then when the wizard gets to the peak width and threshold part, pick a small peak to set the peak width and threshold. You can then change these values using Integration Events for the rest of the chrom.

Good luck!

• Thanks

• Hi Jojoc,

How can we increase the area by increasing precition.I really did not get you.

And what you said is normal activities while viewing the peaks in review window.

Any ways  you have understood the post other way.

What i understood is that jose wants increase the response( i.e., if regular area is 2. Jose wants to make it double or more)

Ya jose you can one Attenuation option in your instrument settings. Enable it and give in put from 2 to 5 etc...)

I never tried this but i came to know this by one of my friend.

If i am wrong please ignore this ..

Cheeeerrrrrrrrrrs

Regards