Sample limited, high-throughput

Options
<p>Hi folks,</p><p></p><p>I'm beginning a project where I will be dealing with very many samples with very small volumes. I know that I will need to purchase a 1 uL sample loop for my UPLC, but I was also wondering if I would get some sort of benefit from having a smaller sample needle? The smallest I've been able to see listed is the 15 uL stainless needle. Is this indeed the smallest? </p><p></p><p>Additionally, I'm wondering about sample holding. I was told to look into the total recovery vials, but I'm wondering if there is any sort of total recovery microplate. I'd like something in the 96 well format in order to minimize the time required by my tech to prepare the samples. Anyone have any ideas?</p><p></p><p></p><p>Thanks in advance for your suggestions!</p><p></p><p>Bryce</p>

Comments

• rune
    Options

Hi Bryce

We do offer a 96 well plate with a residual volume of 8ul when using the default needle offset of 2mm. The p/n is 186005837, You can see more details of this and other options in the attached  Reference Guide on plates and vials.

As for the needle the 15ul is the smallest available. If you intend to use plates with cap mats we recommend the stainless steel needle instead of the standard PEEK needle, as this has more robust piercing capabilities. The 15ul version of this has p/n 205000363.

Best regards

Rune