Uninstall System Control Licenses

Options
<p>Hello</p><p></p><p>I have to uninstall system control licenses from current system, Empower 2154 Enterprise version. For some reason I am not able to that? Do anyone have any ideas! As I can find out it is possible to this from any client not necessary from server och acquisition client? Am I correct?</p><p></p><p>Look at attached document!</p><p></p><p>Regards</p><p></p><p>Georg Gustafsson</p><p>Swedish Orphan Biovitrum</p>

Comments

• Dot
    Options

Hello Georg,

User and System licenses are stored in the database in your case the Empower Enterprise server.  The licenses are added and removed using the Empower client software.  Electronic licenses were introduced in and available starting with Empower 2 Feature Release 5.

Floppy Disk based licenses

The best option to remove a license is to use the same Empower node where the license was added.  During the activation of a license, certain information from the client is stored on the physical disk.   In most cases, this is the Empower enterprise server but it could also be any Empower node with a floppy disk.

Electronic based licenses

These licenses may be activated and deactivated from any node where the Empower client is installed including the server.

Troubleshooting

When removing license(s) from a node, there should be a connection to the database server.

When using floppy disk check the floppy disk is not “write protected”.

Does the number of Active systems configured match the license packs used to remove the license?

If you continue to have difficulty removing the license, then I suggest contacting the local Waters Tech subsidiary.

Best regards

Dot