Access Denied error

Options
<p> Hi,</p><p></p><p>This may not be the place for this, but I figured this was sort of a support forum as well.</p><p></p><p>I was trying to view the "Error while trying to install the Avocent 8-Port Serial Hub" technical note on the support website and got an access denied error that I need a software support plan.  I know I've had a software support plan and used the support site for years.  My access to this community should clearly explain that I have a software support plan.  Do I actually need an Avocent hub on my support plan?  I do not have one currently as we are using Equinox cards yet, but I am doing some research for our upgrade to Empower 3 and was interested in the topic.</p><p></p><p>Thanks for looking into this or directing me to the right place.</p><p></p><p>John</p>

Comments

• Dot
    Options

Hello John,

It is unusual that you can connect to the Community, access the Services & Support, Technical Notes and yet receive this message.

Are you able to open other Technical Notes successfully or is it just this note?

In the meantime, I am contacting the website administrator to look into this error.

Best regards

Dot

• I have not had issues with other technical notes in the past.  I can view most technical notes; although, there are others that do come up with the same access denied message.

• Dot
    Options

Hello again,

We are continuing to investigate the error and why it is random.

In the meantime, I have included the information you need in a document attached to this response.

Best regards

Dot

• Thanks Dot!