Copy and paste problems

<p>For the last few days I have been having problems copying and pasting items in the Sample Set.  I've tried using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V, I've tried right clicking and choosing copy and then right clicking on the line I want to paste and choosing paste, I've tried using the copy and paste from the menu bar and all permutations of those choices.  Sometimes I can copy one line but most times I can't.  It's very frustrating because I do duplicate injections of samples and if I can't copy and paste I run the risk of making mistakes in the sample set.  Please, can anyone help?</p><p></p><p>I'm using Empower 2 and have been for many years.  This is the first time I have ever had this issue.</p>

Answers

• Hello,

The behavior is the same for Empower 2 and Empower 3. The sample set has been acquired at this point so you cannot add injection rows unless you're in Run Samples.

A suggestion has been made for a popup message to explain this and for additional information in the Online Help.

I hope this is helpful.

Dot

• Hi Dot,

Thanks for your response but I don't think it answered my question.  I am in Run Samples when I am trying to modify the sample set and am having problems copying and pasting.  Usually what I do is choose "New sample set based on previous sample set" and then call up the last sample set that used the same method set.  I modify sample names and vial numbers for the first round of injections but then what I would like to do is copy and paste for the repeat round of injections.  Sometimes I can copy and paste a few lines at a time; sometimes nothing happens when I try to copy and paste.  As I said in my first post I've been doing this for many years and it has only been recently that I have had problems with copy and paste.

• Hello,

I appreciate that you provided the specific steps being used.  After switching to Run Samples, using the steps you provided, there were no failures but two distinct behaviors. I think the first one is what you are observing.

In the first copy test after performing the desired modifications, I selected the line or lines then chose Copy from the menu.  I did notice at this point, the selected lines remain highlighted and when I chose Paste this action was performed on the highlighted lines.  If I chose Paste again the new lines were created as desired.  This may be the behavior you observed.

In the second copy test after performing the desired modifications, I selected the line or lines then chose Copy from the menu.  At this point, the selected lines remain highlighted until I clicked on the un-numbered cell for the next available row.  The other rows are then no longer highlighted.  When I chose Paste the new lines were created as desired. 

Try these steps and let me know if this is the same.

Best regards

Dot

• Thanks Dot.  Copy and paste worked for about 10 lines and then I couldn't get it to work no matter what method I tried.  It's like some buffer has been filled up and then isn't cleared.  Do you know if there is a buffer associated with Empower?

• Hello,

After many attempts, I am not having a problem with limit of lines or number of copy/paste.  Perhaps I need to learn more about the environment.

This might be a resource issue for this PC or the user.  Is the behavior the same on all clients? 

What feature release and service packs are installed for Empower 2?

Is this a Citrix client or a PC installed Empower client software?

Best regards

Dot