Processing method errors

Options
<p>Has anyone else observed significant problems with Empower 3 build 3471 that appear to be directly related to processing methods?</p><p></p><p>Areas of concern / sequence of events are as follows:</p><p></p><ol start="1"><li>Previewing raw data using said processing method begins to take an incredible amount of time (changed from a few seconds to a few minutes).
</li></ol><p style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.25in"></p><ol start="1"><li>Concurrently to the first problem a user begins to be unable to process large sample sets through to report generation due to limited table space. I have checked table space within projects and there has always been about 150 meg free. In any event, increasing table space does not fix the problem. I have also found that really only the printing of reports causes the tablespace error. Asking the system to print a smaller number of files (ie: sample set has 50 results, which can not be printed at once. However, printing in sets of 5 works).
</li></ol><p></p><ol start="1"><li>After an undetermined amount of time the processing method will corrupt itself. Once corrupted, the processing method can no longer be opened, copied, etc.
</li></ol><p></p><ol start="1"><li>If new processing methods are created after step 3 all is well for a while and the same cycle will happen again. I discovered yesterday after doing this three times the entire project had become rendered useless.
</li></ol><p></p><p></p><p>Any ideas about this? I would really like to know of this fix to this problem. I am leaning towards an issue with Oracle simply due to the table space errors and the fact that a smaller query of tasks will allow things to work again.</p><p></p><p>I would attach any one of the currupted methods, but I am unable to get them moved out of the projects in which they reside.</p><p></p><p>Thanks,</p><p></p><p>Shaun</p>

Comments

• Hello,

Processing and printing are client intensive tasks.

Does this occur only from one client or all clients?

What other tasks are being performed on the client?

What is the exact wording of the error message? Is the error presented to the user in a popup message?

Are there entries in the Empower Message Center or in the workstation system and application event viewer logs that might be helpful?

I realize the reply content is more question than answer but additional information is needed.

Thank you

Dot

• Sorry for the delay on this. We believe we have found the root cause...

However, to answer your questions:

1. This is on a standalone workstation version of Empower 3.

2. Generally, there are no other tasks being performed on the workstation while data is being reviewed/processed.

3. The wording of the error message given in the message center is fairly close to "Unable to load chrom map. Not enough storage is available to process this command". This error message is not presented as a popup.

We believe that is error message was related to global Oracle table space size. I have archived off inactive projects and this error appears to have gone away as we are not able to review and process data that we were not able to review or process in the past.

Can any confirm this assumed fix as actually being valid or not? We are concerned about this as we are set to upgrade to the enterprise version of Empower in the next few weeks and want to make sure we eliminate the issue.