Technology in the Workplace

Options
<p>I know there have been many articles outlining corporations and their adoption of new devices and technologies into the workplace lately. I thought I would take the opportunity to start this thread and see what our customers are planning to implement in their environments as well. I have put together a few questions to start the discussion, but feel free to add anything that I may have missed.</p><p></p><p>1. Is your company planning to support tablet devices like an iPad or Xoom and if so in what capacity?</p><p></p><p>2. Are you currently running or planning to run virtualization software like VMware / Hyper-V / etc.</p><p></p><p>3. Are you currently looking at any alternative operating systems like Redhat / MAC OS / etc.</p><p></p><p>4. The new buzz word lately is cloud computing and there are many variations of this technology. Is this something that your orginization is looking into?  Is this something you are planning to implement locally or outsource to someone like Amazon / etc ?</p><p></p><p></p><p>--Steve</p>

Comments

• 1. no, I dont see any use for tablets in addition to them not being solvent resistant Love my Galaxy Tab though

2. Currently looking into it to see if there is a benifit to us, so far I dont see a use for it. End users want systems that was simple as possible, all my machines are windows based which I'm happy with.

3. Using x64Win7sp1, pretty happy with it using Empower3.

4. No, I'm looking at using my Drobo NAS as a automated central backup, currently using it manually. Outsourcing will chew too much bandwidth/data IMO

Dual screen, X6 processors and RAID0 workstations is the most advanced I have at the moment