Performance Test for Columns

Options
<p>Hi there,</p><p></p><p>I have run the performance test for some of my columns as per their attached Performance Test Chromatogram. At some point I realized that the response for the second and third peak (naphthalene and acenaphthene, respectively) is about 5-6 times higher than in Waters chromatogram. The concentrations in my test mixture are as per Waters recipe: 0.02mg/mL thiourea, 0.1 mg/mL naphthalene and 0.4 mg/mL acenaphthene. Since the Plate Counts and Tailing Factor are based on acenaphthene peak, it looks like the concentration of this compound is important. What could be the reason for this significant difference? Can I buy the mixture from Waters? If not, could you please specify the solvent used for preparation of this mixture.</p><p></p><p>Thanks</p>

Answers

• Hello,

We do not sell the Efficiency Test chromatogram mixture as these are common analytes and would likely be cheaper to simply them from Sigma, etc.

Could you please provide us with some detailed system information, column information with part and serial number, method details and a pdf with your chromatogram?

Thanks,

--Doug

• Hi Doug,

Please see attached the chromatogram from e-cord and mine. The method details and the serial number of the column appear on chromatogram. Thanks,

Gabriel