use of THF as mobile phase

<p>Hi,</p><p></p><p>I would like to know what changes do I need to make (specific parts I need to buy, not the complete kit) for use of THF as mobile phase on Acquity UPLC system? Your input is greatly appreciated..</p><p></p><p></p><p>-  Tapan</p>

Comments

• Hello

What is the maximum that you need to use 100% or 10% for example. How often - once or very regularly?

If it is 100% there is a kit that is required. It depends on how much and how often.

Let us know

Liz

• I recently had this same question asked by my supervisor and I didn't know the answer, so I think I'll jump onto this conversation.

For my example, I'm using a 60:40 MeOH:THF solution and it will only be run once in a while (less than once a month). Would it be okay to run that without the kit, or should I inform them to buy it?

• thanks for your responses. I want to use 100% THF propably using 8 hours a day for SEC analysis. I am not sure about the use of mixture THF:MeOH ..

-Tapan

• Hello again:

Then you will need the kit, what type of compound - could aqueous SEC be considered?

Best regards,

Liz

• I have had the same question about occasional use of THF as an additive to Methanol / ACN organic mobile phases.  Did you ever get an aswer to your question about 60:40 and the need for the THF kit?