sample organizer

Options
<p><span>Hello,</span></p><p></p><p><span>We have a sample organizer working with our Aquity UPLC system. A significant number of our applications require the use of just two sample plates (i.e. 96 samples); these are randomly injected on to the column, 2 or three times each.</span></p><p></p><p><span>At the moment, rack 2 moves between the sample organiser and the sample manager before each injection (on rack 2); however, that would seem to be rather excesive wear and tear.....over a randomised sequence of 200 injections the organiser would have to move around 50-80 times.</span></p><p></p><p><span>Does anybody know if I can somehow deconfigure the sample organiser for these applications; it would have to be fairly straight forward to switch between the two different options.</span></p><p></p><p><span>Thanks in advance,</span></p><p></p><p><span>Jonathan</span></p>

Answers

• lizh
    Options

Hello Jonathan:

I will look into this one. Can you help me a bit though. CAn you let me know what software that you are using and if MassLynx SCN's and/or "Lynx's" and if Empower or 3rd party.

Many TX

Liz

• Hello,

Here are the instrument control software details:

UPLC:

Instrument driver v1.30.2130

ACQ-BSM: v1.30.2075

ACQ-ASM: v1.30.2062

ACQ-CM: v1.30.1983

ACQ-PDA: v1.30.1656

ACQ-SM: v1.30.2203

LCT premier:

MassLynx v4.1, SCN 639

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan

• lizh
    Options

We could reconfigure the SO transfer shuttle (it can be put back), so the Sample Manager is used only, how often do you run into this and is two sample positions all that you use the majority of the time?

I am looking into other alternatives that require less changes. Please bear with me.

Liz

• The application is biofluid metabolite profiling - whether or not we use the SO to its full capacity depends on a combination of run time and sample stability. At the moment we run 96 sample sequences Monday-Friday, leaving the higher throughput experiments for the weekend where necessary (not that often really).

Thanks for your help.

Jonathan

• lizh
    Options

Back again:

Tahnk you for the detail.

Are you by any chnace using OpenLynx?

Unless you reformatted your plates with all the samples on just one plate, so you could use the static sample manager plate position as I think this will be the only way to work. The SO only knows about the sample list it is about to run and so will return the plate when it thinks the sequence is done. You need to get access to the plate to insert the new samples so the SO will put it back.

This is going to happen for STAT samples I am not sure you can avoid. However, this begs the question, are you seeing reliability issues with transfers? Sorry that I did not think to ask that a bit earlier!

Liz

• Hi again,

No, we're not using OpenLynx.

OK, thanks for looking at this issue....as you suggest, we'll have to look at other options.

We've not seen any plate transfer issues yet.....It's just a case of minimizing the risk for the future.

Thanks again.

Jonathan

• The Sample Organizer goes up, and this saves bench space, but if the samples are in different places/holders then shuttling the plates/helders back and forth is a fact of life. The same issue arises when need to run STAT samples. We try to factor this in. It is interesting there are many accounts that run the same formats, same samples day in day out so I have received a number of requests for a fixed format. Clearly not in your case.

Many TX

Liz