Stand Alone Software Issues

<p>Hi.</p><p style="height: 8pt"/><p>I have noticed a re-occurring issue with our Acquity which I am thinking is down to the control software. Wondering if anyone else has seen this.</p><p style="height: 8pt"/><p>We use the stand alone software to control our Acquity due to the fact we use another vendor's data capture software to process our data. I pressume most Acquity users are using empower??</p><p style="height: 8pt"/><p>The problem we get now and again is that the Acquity is not doing what it told!!</p><p style="height: 8pt"/><p>Couple of examples.</p><p style="height: 8pt"/><p>You come into the lab on a Monday morning and find that the column heater is still on as well as the TUV. On checking the sample set an "OFF" step was programmed in to run at the end of the samples. Checking the "OFF" method every function is set at OFF so not sure what has happened. Other functions like the pumps are off. Deleting the method and re-entering normally works but sometime down the line I expect something similar to happen.</p><p style="height: 8pt"/><p>what also happens, and is alot worse, is that you set your sample set up, get it all QC checked, start your run. when you get back to your desk, expecting to see some nice sharp peaks running super fast, you get some strange unexpected chromatography. Having already run test this is most unexpected??</p><p style="height: 8pt"/><p>When going back to check the Acquity you notice that it is not actually running the conditions you told it to. Actually running another method to what is entered in the sample set.</p><p style="height: 8pt"/><p>Has anyone had similar problems or know of a software update that may help??</p><p style="height: 8pt"/><p>thanks</p>

Answers

• Apologies on not replying - we missed this one.

Can you supply details on your ACQUITY software version/Console version.

There is a possible issue tin v1.30 that was corrected in v1.40, so I do wonder if this is the case.

Liz

• Hello:

Have not heard from you - is all well?

I have recently learned from a user that if your PC is set up by your IT department Windows Security Settings may be set different (not Administrator and some settings disabled) and this can cause problems with standalone software. This is also an area worth checking into.

Liz

• Hi Liz,

Sorry not been on the community for a while. Its version 1.30 that is installed. This was recently installed as a solution to the problem but we still seem to be having the same issues.

I'll look into the security settings. What should I be looking out for??

Many thanks

Pete

• Pete:

Actually, it does require a bit of finesse. Its the windows security setting, you need to ahve your PC as an adminitrator, but simply is a Waters computer or did your IT group set it up? I may in the end get your FSE in touch.

Also what is your configuration, do you have a UV etc.

Many TX

Liz

• Hi Liz,

It has happened again just recently. Having a full sample tray it was necessary to run from tray B meaning a new line being entered in the sample set. Its seems to change method when starting to run from the new line.

The computer is set up as administrator. The PC belongs to us but the software was installed by a Waters engineer. The PC meets all the spec recommend in the UPLC install guide

Its just the UV we have, single column oven. basic sample manager.

Pete

• Hello

Have you been able to get a copy of version 1.40? I definately, want to see that version installed to get rid of some of these issues. I think that version 1.30 is part of the issue.

If you have you FSE's name let me know just send to elizabeth_hodgdon@waters.com and I can ask what was set up.

Many TX

Liz