display Inlet File in Masslynx/chromatogram window

Options
<p>Hello,</p><p style="height: 8pt"/><p>We have an acquity UPLC / SQD with masslynx (v4.1) software. The question i want to ask is: </p><p>Is it possible to display the Inlet File and/or the MS File in the chromatogram window?</p><p>Reason for this is that we often make a print of the chromatogram obtained. It is convenient for us the know what inletfile and MS file was used, since users can select from a "default set" of inlet files and ms files as a method. </p><p style="height: 8pt"/><p>Regards,</p><p style="height: 8pt"/><p>Henri Spijker </p>

Answers

• Hello,

An automated option is not available. You would have to put the name of the inlet file into another column of the sample list, such as File Text, and change the chromatogram display settings (Display>View>Header...) to display that information. In the group "RawFileHeader", the elements are named the same as the columns in the sample list, except for File Text. That is called Sample Text in the elements list.

Answer posted on behalf of Liz Hodgdon.

• Thank U for your answer,

I knew about the option of displaying the filetext, in fact we are using that already to give a short description of the samples.

But I was hoping for an automated option for the InletFile and MS File, unfortunately it seems that is not available. :-(

Regards,

Henri Spijker

• Hi Henri,

Heres a quick way..

Open the gradient tab of your inlet method (I assume thats what you want) and hit ALT TAB keys to copy to clipboard.

Open the chromatogram view and select paste, resize so it looks ok.

The other option is to copy the section from the experimental text (from open chromatogram dialog and paste)

Brian

• mjvw
    Options

Hi,

Did you consider printing out the Inlet and MS file for each run and adding it to your results file. It will contain all the data and information you need. When in masslynx you can right click on the inlet file (or masslynx file) and select edit, the file opens and select file and print the information after the run is finished to make sure you are printing the correct file.