Empower: Total page number in reports

Options
<p><span>Hello,</span></p><p></p><p><span>when I print a set of chromatograms (e.g. a result set), there are for example 40 pages.</span></p><p></p><p><span>Each chromatogram/result needs 1 page. Thus, the use of "Page xx of yy" results in "Page 1 of 1".</span></p><p></p><p><span>But I want a pagination in the style of "Page 1 of 40" up to "Page 40 of 40".</span></p><p></p><p><span>How do I create such a field ?</span></p><p></p><p><span>Thank you very much for each hint.</span></p><p></p><p><span>Regards</span></p><p></p><p><span>Florian Waser</span></p>

Answers

• This requires an Empower expert - I shall find one,

Liz

• Hi Florian

A simple solution to this problem would be to change your report type from an "individual" report to a "Summary by all" report. Open your report method. Right click on a space on the page where there is no report groups, and select "method properties". In method properties select the report type as "summary by all". Save the report.

I beleive this will solve your problem with the page numbering.

best regards

Rune

• Hello again :

The most likely reason that there are 40 individual pages is that they created an individual report They need to use a summary report. This should be explained in the help system. If the customer still have issues, please contact your local office, or technical support.

Liz

• Florian,

The reason that the reports are generated with page 1 of 1 on each is that that the report method that you are using has been designated an "Individual" Report Method. Empower Report Methods can either be specified as Individual or Summary, and with in the catagory of summary you can choose some additional options (Summary by All, by Injection or by Vial). It sounds like you probably want to summarize "by all".

To make the change on your report, open the Preview Publisher using the report that you are using today. Close the Preview window which will drop you into the Report Editor. If you Right+Click on "white" or empty space on the report (where there is no group or object) you can then choose Method Properties. The upper left corner of the window that opens will allow you to change from an individual to a Summary report. Unfortunately, this may change the order of your report objects, but they can be adjusted to fit your needs.

Good luck!

Marc

• Hi Rune,

I just tried what you supposed.

The pagination was ok, but beside other effects, I got in the sample name field ALL sample names.

What did I do wrong ?

Regards

Florian

• Hi Florian

What I forgot to tell is that you need to combine the individual report groups you have for each sample, for example header, chromatogram and result table, and then order this by "date acquired".

To do this draw a box around the reports groups (this will highligth all the groups). Then choose "edit "from the pull down menu, and select "group". You will now see a dotted line around the individual report groups that you have combined in a group. Then you will have to rigth click inside the dotted line box on a blank space (not inside any of the individual groups), and select "composite properties". In the "injection" group select "Date acquired" and move it to the table at the rigth. Click OK and save your report method.

I hope this solves the problem, otherwise let me know.

best regards

Rune