Error Message

<p>Has anybody had an error message:</p><p style="height: 8pt"/><p>'Zp-axis h/w needle lost steps (65) '</p><p style="height: 8pt"/><p>after the needle withdrew sample from vial in sample manager from time to time? The run would, of course halt (paused). I changed the septum on vial and re-set sample manager and restarted and continue on with set and seem to work after. But still the message crops up every now and then. There is no specific pattern as to when the error message comes up.</p><p style="height: 8pt"/><p>There needle seems to be fine.</p><p style="height: 8pt"/><p>lotus</p>

Answers

• Hello:

This is a general message that usually crops up when the Sample Manager zp-axis ran into a stop. Generally, reset communications or reboot, when convenient. It is telling you that it lost steps that it expected. So check that there are no cables in the way. It may be that a new sensor is required or a cable is loose. A recalibration may be all that is required, again when you can conveniently do so. Please monitor and mention at the next service call. The next error will be a "fault" if the steps lost exceed margins.

Liz

• Yes, I had the error a fwe times. In my case the sensor of the needle carriage was broken, replacement of the carriage solved the problem.

Christiaan

• Thank you for the replies.

My needle bent shortly after the message showed up a few times. It appeared that the sensor might have picked up the bent before it became more severe. I have replaced the assembly and it appears to be OK so far after many injections.

I will definitely keep your notes and for now, hopefully it was just a poor installation of the needle previously.

Lotus

• I am sorry about the needle, but now we know.

Thank you for your input!!