Getting column details from eCord in Empower 2 once run has finished

<p><span>Hi there,</span></p><p></p><p><span>I'm reviewing some old sample sets and was wondering how I could extract the eCord column details from within Empower from associated run sample sets. is this even possible and if so, how do I go about it - is it fairly straight forward?</span></p><p></p><p><span>Rob</span></p>

Answers

• Hello,

Very good question. Unfortunately at this time the eCord (column) details are not stored in the Empower database and as such, there is no way to export or extract the eCord data (i.e., column history). Yours is an excellent suggestion, however, and perhaps that capability can be built into a future version of Empower.

If you do not mind me asking, what column data are you looking to extract?

Thanks,

--Doug

• Hi Rob

Unfortunately its not possible to take the information from the eCord directly into Empower but I agree this would be a useful feature to have available. However, I routinely use a couple of simple custom fields in Empower to give me this type of information.

If you create a custom field called, for example, "ColumnType" and then create a drop down list of the typical columns you use, this can be simply entered as you load your sample set.

In a similar way, a custom field called "ColumnSerialNumber" can be created, either with a drop down list (which can be easily changed as columns change) or as a manual entry field.

Not quite as simple as having the information available automatically, but it does give very useful information that can the sorted and filtered as you wish. The advantage is that it can also be used for any HPLC system that you are using under Empower control.

I hope that helps!

Jackie

• Hello:

We are definately going to add this feature to future versions of Empower (and hopefully MassLynx) it is not apparently as easy as it might be. For example keeping a network updated with locally changing data. However, it is going to be attempted for the next major relaese of Empower, when I hope that other Console related data could also be moved into the database. Any other data that would be useful in a similar fashion?