Empower 2 or 3 Configuration ?

<p>Hello all:</p><p></p><p>I am wondering if anyone out there has Empower setup globally (i.e. multiple locations across countries) where everyone is logging on to one</p><p>instance of Empower.  We currently have Empower deployed at several sites across North America and Europe but each site has it's own</p><p>instance of Empower.  For example, people logging on in California don't see the same projects as people logging on in Ireland.  I would like</p><p>to be able to have everyone logging on to the same instance because it would really add efficiency to sharing data and using methods.</p><p>If everyone can use one approved method it would save a lot of time in our change control process.</p><p></p><p>Does anyone operate like this currently?  If so, do you notice any issues with connectivity speed, latency, buffering, etc.</p><p>If you can expand a little on how you system is setup that would be great (i.e. Citrix, virtual server, multiple or single database/application servers, etc.).</p><p></p><p>Feel free to private message me if you want.</p><p></p><p>Thanks,</p><p>Chris</p>

Answers

• Sounds like you need your Empower to reference the same database.

1) You're going to need to combine all of your individual site databases into 1 master database.

2) Once you do that, you're going to want to set some sort of backup scheme that pushes the master database out to each location.
    3) Next, you're going to want your site-specific databases to only push *changes* that were made at that specific location on some sort of regular interval back to the master database.

4) Finally, you'll need to have the master database push out the changes to the sites on some regular interval.

*You may not be able to see what operator in France does immediately, but if you set your backup/restore intervals up right, you may only have to wait a few hours for it to show.

*Doing this in realtime will eat your network bandwidth for breakfast. DO NOT SET THIS UP IN REALTIME.