Data incomplete in Review

<p>When I am in Run Samples I can see my data but when I take the data into Review it says data incomplete. Why?</p>

Answers

• Empower can be used to review data during, or at the end of, data acquisition. If the data file is incomplete, Empower displays "Data Incomplete" on the chromatogram plot.

There are several possibilities for this message appearing:

1) The data is still acquiring but has not uploaded to the database.

2) The acquisition node is in buffering mode.

3) The data file may be flagged for some reason to be in an incomplete state. This would require a user that has the Verify Incomplete Data in Raw Data Files privilege

to determine whether the data file is valid or invalid.

• What could cause scenario 3 to occur (what reasons)?

• When data is transferred from an acquisition server to the Empower Enterprise data file share, some of the data files may be incomplete causing the "data missing or incomplete" message to appear in Review.

Software users have reported incidents of checksum errors. There are a number of reasons why a checksum error might occur. Although we have not been able to replicate this specific problem in the Waters test laboratories, an investigation was under taken.

The data transfer process was improved by allowing you to verify that the complete data file was transferred from the LAC/E32 Acquisition Server to the Empower Enterprise file share. When an incomplete raw data file is brought into Review, a user with the "Verify Incomplete Data in Raw Data Files" privilege can right-click on the chromatogram (2D) or the Contour Plot (3D) and select

Verify Incomplete Data. The Verify Incomplete Data in Raw Data Files dialog box appears which allows the user to try to display the data file with as much information as possible. If the data file can be displayed, it can be saved and used normally to generate results, reports, and so on. If the data file is unacceptable, the user can click Cancel and the data file will remain in its incomplete state and no changes will be made.

Waters recommends that you review, process, or report your data prior to disposing of sensitive samples. This will allow the checksum of raw data files to be verified, and any errors evaluated as needed

• Hi Dot,

How to arrest this type of data incomplete and data missing problems

Its very difficult to regulatory labs to justify this type of probs.

I dont know whether water people trying to trace and arrest this problems or not.

One fine day i can say it will be big problem for waters.

Regards

SATYA

• Hello,

We take each report of this type of problem very seriously.

This is why we recommend that the customer contact Waters service and support--so that each incident can be investigated fully.

In the previous case mentioned, the situation was investigated and the data was successfully recovered.

While this may not be the outcome in every case, many times, there is an issue with configuration or operation that can be corrected.

In the case where a correction is needed to the software, we still need the direct involvement and cooperation of our customers in order to help diagnose the problem.

Regards

Dot

• The only time I have experienced this is when I have run out of the allocated database tablespace  for the project database. It is easily corrected by increasing the database tablespace as long as you have hard drive space.