Agilent 7890 GC refuse to do an injection

Options
<p>We are using ICS 2.5 with 7890 GC and it has been working fine for two months. Today I was told that the sample set stopped in the middle and they can not run anything on the GC anymore. When I try to monitor the GC with a old intrument method, the method parameters were taken by GC and I can see the temperature changed to set point. But no signal is collected. Here are the error message in Message Center:</p><p></p><p><em>Intrument Failure A7890</em></p><p><em>29: GC refused to do an injection</em></p><p><em>Unable to connect to the remote server</em></p><p><em>The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server.</em></p><p></p><p>The chemist said they already rebooted LACE and GC after this error message but it still won't work. What does error 29 mean in this case, and where can we find a complete list of error code related to GC in Empower? I tried search in Waters Support Library but nothing came up. The only thing I can find is error 39 in ICS 2.5 release note.</p><p></p><p>Sam</p>

Answers

• Dot
    Options

Hello

While I investigate the error message 29, for troubleshooting purposes try the following test:

Create a new instrument method.  Power cycle the GC and Lac/e.

Does the error continue?  Is it consistent or intermittent? Are there other errors on the GC or in the Empower Message Center?

The system was working for two months so let’s not rule out the possibility the GC may need a service call.

Let me know the result of the test.

Kind regards

Dot

• sat
    Options

Hi Did you check the  instrument method parameters.

Generally this type of problems will araise due to instument method parameters

Regards

SATYA