Setup button Disabled after Upgrade to Empower 3

<p>We just upgraded to Empower 3 SP 1 FR1</p><p></p><p>We we try to start a sample set, normally, but not always, the setup button is disabled.  We have to add a condition column liine to the sample set, and just start it.</p><p></p><p>Our server is a Virtual windows 2008 Server Enterprise edition, with Running under VWware. </p><p></p><p>It is configured with 8 GB RAM and 2 xeon processors</p><p></p><p>The acquisition servers are all runing windows XP with service pack 3 and at least 2 GB RAM.</p><p></p><p>What can we do to fix this.  I'm getting constant complaints fro the users that the setup button is disabled. </p><p></p><p>There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it  sometimes it works, but most of the time it is disabled.</p><p></p><p>TIA,</p><p></p><p>Richard</p>

Answers

• We are still running Empower 2, but we have that problem all the time as well.  The only work around we have found is to go to the configuration manager and take the instrument offline and then back online.  Then when you go back to run samples the setup button is enabled again.  

• It's not unique to Empower 3. We see the same thing (Setup control inactive) in Empower 2 if the sample set has a shutdown method and the fix I've found was to run a condition line as you noted.

• We are working with Waters 2695 HPLC and if you push "Stop flow" button on the chromatograph panel, Empower software"Setup" button becomes available.

I hope this help you.

Dario