ACUQITY I Class PDA Detector

Options
<p> Hello ,</p><p></p><p>I have a questions between I-Class PDA Detector with ACQUITY PDA detector ?</p><p></p><p>What's the difference besides low dispersion of I-Class PDA than ACQUITY PDA detector ?</p><p></p><p>If you can provide slides to instruct the difference , I will be appreciated for your information .</p><p></p><p>Best Regards!</p><p></p><p>Sun</p>

Answers

• Hi Sun,

I am very sure that besides the different flowcell-options (i.e. different dispersion/bandspreading volumes) there is no difference at all between the PDAs. There have been changes to the PDA in general, like the electronic flowcell detection and better temperature controlling, but these changes have been applied to all PDAs.

Hope that helps

Best regards from Germany

Tobias

• Hi Tobias,

Thank you for your information ,it is very usful.

For temperature controlling , I-Class PDA is the same structure with ACQUITY PDA ?  no difference in hardware ?

Thanks & Best Regards!

Sun

• Hi Sun,

if i remember correctly, the Thermal Control in the PDAs was changed around late 2009. So there might be a difference, if your PDA is older than that and you bought a new one with the I-CLASS this year.

But if you order a UPLC H-CLASS with PDA and I-CLASS with PDA today, there would be no difference in the hardware of the PDA (except the flowcells). At least, I am not aware of any difference!

Best regards from Germany, hope this helps

Tobias

EDIT: I just checked. The Updated PDA startet shipping in September 2010!

• Hi Tobias,

Thank you for your information .

Best Regards!

Sun