Stop on fault

<p>If the 'stop on fault' option is ticked in the instrument method, the UPLC system stops injecting more samples when there's a problem but it doesn't stop pumping and therefore the solvent can ran out and go dry.</p><p></p><p>Is there a way around this issue?</p><p></p><p>Thanks.</p>

Answers

• Hi Pedro

If you select a shutdown method when you start the sample set Empower should activate this when a fault is encountered during a run.

best regards

Rune

• Thank you for your answer.

We put the shutdown method in place in sample set method, but all too often it doesn't kick in at the end of the run or when there's a fault.

The only way to stop pumping at the end of the run is by having an injection with zero flow.

You don't have this problem with Empower 2? 

• Hi Pedro

No I have not seen this problem, but I am not running samples daily with this feature enabled.

best regards

Rune

• Hi Pedro,

Instead of using a shutdown method set in the last line of the sample set, select it in the dialog box which opens when you press the Run button. The option is at the bottom of the dialog box. If the sample set is interrupted in the middle (high pressure, etc), the system will attempt to run the shutdown method. Putting the shutdown method as the last injection would not work, because the last line in the set is never reached, but the option selected when you first start the run will run.

Ken Blakeslee

• Hi Ken

Thanks for clarifying. This was actullay what I was trying to say but I can see that I did not express this clearly enough.

best regards

Rune