Any way to directyl view ID-columns?

Options
<p>Hallo,</p><p></p><p>When I open a project and want to have a look at the “Sample Set ID”, “Injection ID” …. I always have to click the “show all columns” button in order to view the ID column.</p><p>Does anyone know if it is possible to change the general settings of Empower in order to define the ID columns as “not hidden columns”? Or is there any other way to directly view the ID colums when opening a project?</p><p></p><p>Thanks for your ideas!</p>

Best Answer

• rune
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Oliver

This is simple. Just create a view filter for all the tabs in the project that includes the ID column. Select this view filter in "filter by". Empower will remember the last view filter selected in the project, so the next time you open the project the ID column will be visible.

best regards

Rune

Answers

• Hallo Rune,

Thanks for your answer.

I was hoping that it would be possible without creating view filter, as this filters have to be createsd for every project and every tab within the project (Sample Sets, Result Sets, ...).

However, the view filters will work.

Kind regards,

Oliver

• rune
    Options

Hi Again

The view filters can be copied from one project to another, and this can even be done when creating the project, so you don't have to manually create it in every project. Once you have created them for each tab, which should only take a couple of minutes you can copy them to every other project in one go.

best regards

Rune

• Hi Rune,

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot!

Oliver

• Hello,

As Rune stated - The only way I know how to do that is also by building filters, seems to be a limitation of the system.  It's also annoying when you go to the "Curves" tab and have to unhide the Cal Curve Id and the Calibration Id.

When you do take the time to build the filters if you specifiy them as "public" vs "private" your co-workers will also be able to use them.

Regards

Claude

• Claude

Maybe the cal curve table is different, but most tables inside Empower application windows will remember exactly how you like them, if you press the Save Preferences menu item once you have got all the columns you want to see. Only in the project window do you need View filters.

H