Empower2 Instrument Control for Agilent 1290 LC

<p>I like to ask when definitely the Instrument Control for Agilent 1290 LC will be availlable. <span __jive_emoticon_name="confused" __jive_macro_name="emoticon" class="jive_macro jive_macro_emoticon" src="/4.0.8/images/emoticons/confused.gif"></span> We're in urgent need of this cause our lab's are forced to operate 14 of these systems in the moment in a very unlucky ressource consumpting interims mode, controlled by Agilent's ChemStation, adopted by Waters-E-Sat/In's. We like to order more 1290's in exchange for the remaining 69 Agilent 1100 LC Systems but can't cause we need the Empower Instrument Control for these Systems. Im shure that I'm not the only one in this unlucky situation<span __jive_emoticon_name="sad" __jive_macro_name="emoticon" class="jive_macro jive_macro_emoticon" src="/4.0.8/images/emoticons/sad.gif"></span>.</p>

Answers

• Hello,

It is still too early for a definitive release date. The target continues to be end of Q1.

Best regards,

Dot

• Hey Dot,

Good to hear that there will be no delay in the moment. But another question: Is

it planned to be availlable for Empower3 environments only, or will it be

availlable for Fr4 SpD aswell. Thx fyka.

• Hello Rudolf,

It should be availble for Empower 2 and Empower 3.  As we get closer, I will update you with more details.

Best regards

Dot

• Hello Dot,

the end of Q1 is getting closer, do you have an update about the planned release for us?

Thanks

• Hello,

The project to support the new Agilent Infinity modules in Empower 2 software is a large project and has been a continuing challenge to us.  Even with help from Agilent, it has been difficult to set up systems for testing and the target release date of 31 March is in jeopardy.  We are currently reviewing the scope of the project and should have a better idea of the overall time frame within the next two weeks.

Best regards

Dot

• Hi Dot...

uhm.... thats so hard to hear.....

If it helps I may offer my support for testing here on our Empower2 sandbox-system....Yust let me know..

Best regards

Rudi

• morning,

we are in the same unlucky situation.

Moreno

• Hello Everyone,

There is news for the Agilent 1260 and Agilent 1290 ICF target dates.  The new dates are 1290 late May early June and the 1260 late June early July.

In addition, Agilent notified Waters that v1.03 of the ICF has just been released. We will work to incorporate that version into our ICS project.

I hope this is helpful with your planning.

Best regards,

Dot

• Hi Dot,

are the timelines in your Post up to date ?

We are planning to buy an 1260 and an 1290 Infinity LC and the controllability with Empower 2 FR5 will be the determining factor to buy them now or later.

Best regards

Andreas

• Well..... I'm still hoping in silence, but any news about the planned release?

Kind regards

Rudi

• Hello Rudi,

You have truly been patient.

I have requested an update and will post news later today.

Best regards

Dot

• Hello Rudi,

The release is targeted for the end of this month.

What specific modules are of interest to you?

Best regards

Dot

• Hey doT,

thank you for your kind information. Good to see that we'll getting closer. At least I'll think that the new ICF from Agilent postponed the productive release. The better is that it will be in, so we'll have a valuable benefit at least. "Good things will take theire time to be finished......"

Our 16 1290 LC Systems are consisting without exception of:

G4212A DAD

G1316C Coloumn Compartment

G4226A HIP Autosampler

G4220A Binary Pump

... and of course of interrest to me.

Best regards

Rudi

• Being July 1st. the end of June has now been reached - and surpassed. So what is the current status of things?

• Well so far.... Just had to report to my boss.... She was not amused...

• Hello,

The following is an update from Product Marketing:

“We understand the urgency of this project and are committed to deliver a reliable driver for the 1260 and 1290 modules.  While multiple developers are working to resolve one last technical issue, evaluation is wrapping up their scheduled testing.  The project team is working to reach the Code Freeze milestone as soon as possible and we expect to be able to release this driver in a matter of days.”

Best regards

Dot

• Thank you for the update Dot.

Best regards

Rudi

• Ten days have passed. Any update (good or bad) for the driver release? Thanks.

• Hello,

The project team continues to work on resolving issues related to operating the instrument driver on a Citrix server and now anticipates availability of this instrument driver by the end of the month.

Best regards

Dot

• Hi Dot,

Could you please confirm if the ICS that Waters engineers working on for Agilent 1290LC, will also appply for Agilent 1260 LC?

Thanks,

Kimbelry Bui 

• Hi Kimberly,

Yes, the ICS will be for the Agilent 1260 and 1290.

Best regards

Dot

• Hello Everyone,

The Agilent Infinity LC Instrument Control Software (ICS) v1.00 which supports Agilent 1290, Agilent 1260, and Agilent A1100 and A1200 modules has released.  Additional information for ordering and download of the modules will be forthcoming in the Community and in the Service & Support section at www.Waters.com.

Best regards,

Dot

• Hey doT, Yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

thank you so much for the good news.

Kind regards

Rudi

• Firstof all I thanks to all that made it availlable. Thy aswell for the Fed-Ex urgently sent cd with the software I received 2 days ago.

In one of our labs we did some hands-on testing for the users and found that so far that everything works as expected.

Testing was on 1 Infinity 1290 with Binary Pump G4220A, HiP Sampler G4226A, Column Compartment G1316C and DAD G4212A (Firmware .6.32)

and 1 1100 with Quat Pump G1311A, Sampler G1329A, Column Compartment G1316A and DAD G1315A (Firmware A.6.10).

But after changing the sampler at the 1100 to a thermostatisized one, they found that the instmethod used before still showed up with the old module and settings.

Kind regards

Rudi

• Hello Dot,

We have some Agilent 1260 modules which are not supported by Agilent Infinity LC ICS v1.0. Is Waters working on improvement or structural validation of the new Agilent Infinity LC ICS for support of further modules (in particular 1260 modules) - is there a schedule for?

We are especially interested in support for Agilent 1260 Infinity G1329B Standard Autosampler, G1316A TCC and G1315D DAD VL.

Best regards,

Hauke

• Hello,

The modules you have listed are Agilent 1100 and 1200 modules.

G1329B = 1200

G1316A = 1100

G1315D = 1200

These modules are listed as supported by the Agilent driver that is implemented in the Infinity LC ICS v1.0, but the efforts in testing were not concentrated on 1100 and 1200-era instruments. Hence older modules were not listed.

The Agilent modules supported by the ICF are listed here:http://www.chem.agilent.com/en-US/Products/Instruments/lc/Pages/specificationsicf.aspx

As acknowledged in the release notes our v1.0 driver implements the Agilent Instrument Control Framework (ICF) version A.01.02.  If an instrument first appears starting on the A.01.03 list, it will not be supported by our v1.0 driver.

Hopefully this information answers your question.

Dot

• Hi everyone!

A few days ago we had a 1290 Infinity system installed in our lab. I have gotten Empower to recognise the system (I have typed in the correct MAC address in the Configure DHCP Server Configuration, and in Empower Node Properties I now see an Agilent LC type system and an "Yes" in the "OK?" column), but when in "Run Samples" I am not able to make an instrument method, because there are no instrument modules! I only have an AgilentLC icon and an empty table/pane of instruments.

Does anyone have an idea of what I do wrong?

I have had the Agilent Infinity LC Instrument Component Software vers. 1.0 installed on the LAC/E and the Empower Server, so I would believe it is not a matter of missing software components. I was also told the installation was succesful, but just in case - does anyone know a way to check if the ICS is available and working from within Empower?

Currently I have the 1290 system hooked up via the PDA detector (as this was default on the 1200 systems), but I see I also have the option to use the pump as this also have a MAC address.

Hope someone (including any Waters representatives) are able to help me out.

Thanks.

Empower Node.jpg

Run Samples 1290.jpg

• Hi,

You can use either Agilent ICS 1.06 or Infinity ICS 1.00 to control 1290 LC. The quickest way to verify installed module is to run "Verify Files" utility under Empower.

If you read the release notes for Infinity  ICS 1.00, it specifies using Waters DHCP server to discover instrument MACs and assign local IPs automatically (make sure all DIP swtiches are in 0 position). You shouldn't enter the MAC address manually (it's the opposite way to ICS 1.06 for traditional LC).  Sometimes you neeed to reboot LACE or restart the Waters DCHP service to connect to the instrument seccusssfully.

The ICS driver should be installed on the LACE and Empower client PC (including Citrix server) only. Don't install it on server.

The network cable should be connected to the DAD detector only. The software automatically detect all the modules in the same stack automatically.

HTH,

Sam

• Hi Sam,

Sorry for not thanking you for your input before now, but until last week we (meaning our lab, our IT-dept., Agilent and Waters) were still making the last desperate attempts to make the 1290 work within our Citrix C/S installation of Empower 2.

The problem with the failing detection of MAC addresses was due to an apparant mental black-out with the Agilent technician - as he had not used a crossed ethernet cable for the communication with the LAC/E.

Having fixed that it later turned out that our default configuration of LAC/Es doesn't work with the new 1290 driver. Then a Waters technician tried with a standard Waters configuration LAC/E - but only with limited succes (the 1290 modules became visible within Empower, but controlling them was not possible).

The 1290 will be returned to Agilent this week. Maybe we could have gotten it to work if a higher feature release was installed (higher than the one mentioned in the release note - which we have currently!), but that is not an option for us at the moment.

It would be interesting to hear from users who have 1290's controlled by C/S installations of Empower 2. Is it working as expected? Which feature release of Empower are you using?

Best regards

Torsten

• I just spent last two days trouble shooting our new 1260DAD (model G4212B) communication issues with Infinity ICS 1.0 driver. Thought it might be helpful if someone else has similiar problem.

We  already configured two 1260DADs under Infinity ICS driver last year successfully. This week we got a new set of system with identical hardware, but higher firmware version. After installing Empower2 client and Agilent Infinity ICS driver first, then Agilent LC 1.06 driver later, I configured the system in Empower. Empower Verify FIle result was okay. When connecting to systems through run window, all the components are under "offline" status and can not be controlled. However Empower can get a list of modules and firmware versions, which means there are communications. I tried to download firmware version, delete/recreate system in Empower, and they didn't help.

In the end, I uninstalled both the LC 1.06 driver and Infinity ICS driver, and reinstalled them in the order of LC 1.06 first, then Infinity ICS driver. then the system has the normal status thorugh Empower and everything is normal.

We had to install the Agilent ICS 1.06 since a lot of our old data were acquired using A1100/!200 systems with that driver. This allows us to review/process these old data. However, Having multiple drivers on the same computer (especially on Citrix server), seems to cause problem when they are installed in different orders.