Empower to process MS data?

<p>Hello,</p><p></p><p>I work in a forensic tox lab.  We use an Acquity TQD (with a PDA) for screening of post mortem samples for therapeutic and illicit drugs.  We would like to use the PDA to pick up some compounds that don’t ionise very well with our MS method. We currently use Maslynx for all our data processing.  Empower has the peak purity/library matching features that are needed. However, in the past we have been steered away from using anything but Masslynx to collect and process the MS data.</p><p></p><p>Does anyone have experience in using Empower to collect/process TQD data?</p><p></p><p>Thanks.</p><p></p><p>LK</p>

Comments

• Hi LK,

I have asked a colleague at Waters and they sent me this information:

Empower can process both MS and UV data. But...

1 channel per MRM transition means that methods become a bit more time consuming to build if there are a lot of compounds in the method.

How many analytes and internal standards are in your method?

Regards

Mark

• Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply.  Our current tox screening method has more than 250 analytes and internal standards.  So I'm guessing Empower wouldn't be practical for this sort of method?

Our other option is to export the PDA data acquired from MassLynx to Empower for processing.  Would this be a better solution?  Is the PDA data from MassLynx able to be subjected to all processing features (purity etc) of Empower?

Regards

LK

• Hi LK,

Yes you can import your Masslynx-acquired PDA data into Empower for processing. This would probably be your best solution as you can still use MassLynx to process the MRM data.

Regards

Mark