Calculate "peak-to-valley" ratio in Empower 2

Options
<p>Hello all,</p><p></p><p>I tried to find out via Google and Empower help, but I found only an remark on a Waters page, that the it is possible to calculate the "peak-to-valley" ratio in Empower 2 - but I was unable to find out HOW. Perhaps I can't see the wood for the trees, but I don't find it. Please help <span __jive_emoticon_name="happy" __jive_macro_name="emoticon" class="jive_macro jive_emote" src="/4.0.8/images/emoticons/happy.gif"></span></p>

Best Answer

• rune
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi

I think this is what you are looking for (found in Empower help - "verifying system performance" topic) :

New peak fields

Empower can calculate the Start p/v and End p/v using the  peak-to-valley ratio (p/v) formula in the European Pharmacopeia. Empower  calculates the start p/v and End p/v as follows:

Start p/v = (height / heightstart)

End p/v = (height /  heightend)

where:

height = height of the peak,

heightstart = valley height at the  start of the peak

heightend = valley height at the end  of the peak

Both fields are reported by default with a precision of 6, not in  scientific notation, and with no units. The fields are blank if their  denominator value is zero.

I don´t recall in what service pack or feature release this was introduced. I have FR 5 service pack E.

best regards

Rune

Answers